The new Miyabi Makie collection “Shadow Picture” is a rare beauty by Taccia. The technique involves making black paintings over White urushi.
Peony and Butterfly
The Peony and Butterfly are combinations of the design traditionally used as Lucky design for a very long time. The butterfly was drawn by the technique named “Hira-Maki-e” in which pictures, patterns, and letters are drawn with lacquer on the surface of the fountain pen, and then metal powder such as gold or silver is sprinkled and fixed on the surface of the fountain pen.
The peony was used the technique of “Taka Maki-e”, the highest Maki-e technique only used on the highest ranked fountain pens. Compared to other Maki-e techniques, the Taka Maki-e is three-dimensional and deep expressions possible. This requires a lot of time, work, and advanced skills.
Dragonfly and Iris (sweet flag)
This combination has been also traditionally used since a very long time ago.
In Japan, Dragonfly is known as the “Lucky insect” because the Dragonfly does not go back and just go forward. It looks brave and the “indomitable spirit” was preferred by Samurai. The iris is drawn by Hira Maki-e and the center of the flower is drawn in Gold. The eye and stripe pattern of Dragonfly are in Gold color and another design is drawn by Taka Maki-e.
Crow and Sun
The crow is said as a bird in myths. It was dispatched on the mission from the Sun Goddess to the first emperor in Japan and accompanied him to the eastern expedition. The crow is also said to be an incarnation of the sun. In China, the crow is a golden bird with three legs that is said to be an inhabitant of the sun. The sun is drawn by gold Maki-e and the eye and nail of the crow are also in gold but other designs are made by Taka Maki-e.
Cap & Barrel
Cap Mechanism How to remove the cap of the pen when its closed.
Ink Capacity - Cartridge
Ink Capacity - Converter
Ink Filling Mechanism
Postable Can the cap be put on the back of the pen to make it longer.
Length When Closed
Weight of Cap
Weight of Barrel
Total Weight The total weight of the pen including the cap and barrel. The pen is not filled with ink when measuring this.
Wondering what is our return / refund policy?
We do accept returns and refunds. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Product has to be in an unused condition with all its tags, warranty certificates and user manuals (if any) in tact.
- Return request is raised within 3 days of receipt of product.
- Consumables like inks, refills and paper products cannot be returned or exchanged.
- For more information on returns and (or) refunds, check out our return / refund policy.
When are orders shipped?
Every order creates an adrenaline rush in our team so any order received before 1PM will usually be shipped on the same day itself. However, due to unforeseen circumstances if we are not able to get your ready, rest assured we will ship it the next day. For more information on shipping, check out our shipping policy section.
Fretting for an online purchase?
We do not consider ourselves as a sales store, but more like your personal consultants.
- Our team is always ready to guide you through your journey at Makoba - whether that is online or in store.
- Thats right! We have 4 exclusive boutiques in the country that are just waiting for you.
- Visit the Our Store page, find your nearest store and connect with us immediately
Wondering the importance of pens in today's digital age?
Your great idea is just waiting to be put on paper. Put that piece of writing instrument into motion and see its magic.
- No digital form will give you as close a satisfaction that you get from writing.
- There's a reason why journaling, note-taking and writing down ideas is no more an outdated activity.